Average annual salary range of $95,481- $124,839 with a median of $108,066.
Note: Total compensation is typically higher when benefits are taken into account.
A supply chain manager is responsible for inventory control, transportation of goods, and the purchasing of those goods. In each of these areas, they also look for ways to streamline processes to meet production and cost needs. The focus of this position will be to provide supplier management and sourcing expertise to New Product Development teams involved in the design and development of cardiovascular medical devices and related systems. Support begins at the concept phase and extends to the transition of these products into an internal/external production environment.
- Sourcing, negotiations, contract development, supplier project management and other procurement/supplier related support in the areas of raw materials, external manufacturing, prototyping, services, equipment, tools and fixtures, software, and systems.
- Partner with R&D and Quality, including contributing to the technical/functional project direction and execution.
- Through sound supplier selection and management, this role ensures suppliers enable short/long term project success.
- Define and execute specific global sourcing and supplier strategies tailored for and aligned to new product design, manufacturing requirements, and business needs
- Project management of activities at supplier, including Sourcing plans, in alignment with overall project plans.
- Responsible for providing expert level knowledge of the supply base
- Will own the Supplier Selection and Management Process tools and templates; and drive continuous process improvement and refinements across teams and company.
This individual will also collect statistics and other information to evaluate the impact that assigned programs have on the community (including targeted populations). Once collected, this information will be reported to the organization’s administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree with (10) years of relevant work experience in sourcing, supplier management, procurement and/or supply chain; OR Master’s degree with (8) years of experience in sourcing, supplier management, procurement and/or supply chain
- Experience with sourcing and/or supplier management for products within an FDA-regulated medical device, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus.
- APICS, CSCP, CPIM, ISM, CPSM, or CPSD certification is a plus.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications is required.
- Must have a good understanding of the new product development process.
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written) and internal/external partnering skills are mandatory.
- Strong working knowledge of contract documentation, interpretation, and strategic sourcing processes and trends
- Excellent organizational skills, strong quantitative skills, independent thinking, and a high level of initiative. Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver to project milestones
- Requires exceptionally sound judgment, decision making abilities, management skills, and ability to influence others across the company
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team is essential for success.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and earns trust of others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive continuous improvement, including application of continuous improvement processes and state of art tools required.
Must have good MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills.